Sadly, I was unable to translate your poem, but having (in my youth, some 50 years ago!) travelled in your beautiful country, am allowing my imagination to "read" your words. Back then I stayed in a tiny log cabin set in the middle of an orchard at the top of the Hardanger Fjord - looking down to the water from that vantage point, the car/passenger ferry looked as small as a matchbox! It was a glorious experience and I am grateful that the memory lingers to this day. Thank you for sharing your spectacular part of our world.
Yes, it's really a spectacular country! I love the nature around Hardangerfjorden - it has got both high, steep mountains and deep fjords. I'm living, and the picture above is taken, a bit further south.
I'll give you, and whoever that would be interested, a rough translation of the poem:
nobody whispers with your voice before you move your lips let out the sounds, softly and warm like a blanket of silk over my room
a sun beam passes the window over my bed dancing over my duvet cover
settles softly against my eyes and I can hear the song, the whispering sounds singing me into the day
Sadly, I was unable to translate your poem, but having (in my youth, some 50 years ago!) travelled in your beautiful country, am allowing my imagination to "read" your words. Back then I stayed in a tiny log cabin set in the middle of an orchard at the top of the Hardanger Fjord - looking down to the water from that vantage point, the car/passenger ferry looked as small as a matchbox! It was a glorious experience and I am grateful that the memory lingers to this day. Thank you for sharing your spectacular part of our world.
SvarSlettYes, it's really a spectacular country! I love the nature around Hardangerfjorden - it has got both high, steep mountains and deep fjords. I'm living, and the picture above is taken, a bit further south.
SvarSlettI'll give you, and whoever that would be interested, a rough translation of the poem:
nobody whispers with your voice
before you move
your lips
let out the sounds, softly
and warm
like a blanket of silk
over my room
a sun beam passes
the window over my bed
dancing
over my duvet cover
settles softly against my eyes
and I can hear the song,
the whispering sounds
singing me into the day